Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: where can i find????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    where can i find????

    Hey, I know this is an unusual request, but my mother loves to eat paw-paws and I know it is getting to be time for them. I can't stand them. Does anyone know where I can find some? The only tree I knew of close to home was cut down this spring.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member softballgal21's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2004
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    i dont have any idea what paw paws are!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: where can i find????

    paw paws grow on cat cats [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    Pretty rare these days . My neighbor in the Valley had one years ago . I enjoyed them . You can buy saplings at most nurseries or they can order if not in stock . The tree is very particular about soil and sun conditions though.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    Don't you have to wait till it frost to pick em?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    yes, but it is getting close to that time and I wanted to find a tree to get her some when it does frost

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    Lot of paw-paw trees used to grow up in Inman...might want to take a drive up that way.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    hey i've got a pawpaw tree at my mom and dads house.

    holler at me if you're wanting any. I'll go check and see if any have fallen off.

    Or just remind me around the first frost we get this year and I'll get my grandfather to pick some.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where can i find????

    I got an aunt who has 3 trees. when they get ripe ill yell at you and i will get you some. just pm me to remind me.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •